Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Non-New Year's Resolutions

So I had a realization- I suddenly suck at blogging. It used to be a great thing, right? See what's up with Tamalam. Somewhere I started sucking. I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions because, while January 1 is a rather convenient marker for time purposes, it seems to me that if I need to do something differently in my life then I need to do it today- be it May 12 or July 16 or September 2. But... today just so happens to be January 1... well, technically yesterday was, being as I'm writing this at 2 am. But the fact is, I need to blog more. So I'm resolving to. At least 3 a week. It's a big goal. Big, hairy, and audacious even. But I need to do it.

Other things I need to do (or start doing)...

- Keep working out. I ran for 42 minutes without stopping on the elliptical yesterday, then did weights, and played hard-core-sweat-dripping-down-my-face DDR for 50 minutes or so today. My deal with Jas is working out 5 times a week, and I'm trying to push those to the 45-60 minutes range. Plus, to just be totally honest, it's looking more and more certain that I'll likely be getting married in November and if I'm going to lose serious weight the time is now.

- Stay in control of my eating. I had the realization in college that I couldn't one day "let myself go" as some women do, typically post-marriage, because I had nothing to let go of. I had no self-control. I keep honing in on it more and more, and I need to stay on top of it.

- Stick to a very tight budget. I need to move across the nation in June, and then likely be paying for a wedding (with as much assistance as is humanly possible from Jason) in November so I have no excuse! I have been better about this but it's time to buckle down!

- E-mail my friends. I used to be a rock star at this. Now I suck at it. I have a dear friend named Becky from home and she wrote me on November 1 and I still haven't replied. The e-mail sits in my inbox and screams "REPLY TO ME" and I keep putting it off because I think she deserves a full on and in-depth e-mail. At this point, though, it's safe to assume she just wants to hear that I'm alive. Ugh. I suck. Therefore, I am putting a one week turnaround on all e-mails. Yikes. This from the girl who used to reply to every e-mail the second she got it... though that was mainly due to procrastinating in college :)

- Keep being hella awesome.

- Actually lesson plan. Not just know what I'm doing, but write actual lesson plans. Not sure why I stopped doing this, but somehow I did. Whoops.

- Start actually using my Netflix subscription. Who pays $17 a month to watch 1 movie? Yep, that'd be me. But I got 6 months free from Becalec's parents for Christmas, so I need to actually get their money's worth out of it!

- Read more. I have a plethora of amazing books that I've never read, or that I've read once umpteen years ago. Sick. So each night I plan to read at least a chapter of whatever book I'm currently reading :)

So... those are my priorities. I know everyone wants to lose weight and be better with money, but mine are for actual real reasons, like getting married and stuff. I hope that by 2008 my body never sees a number over 200 pounds ever again. But when I put my mind to things I succeed so here I come.

I can't really be hurt that no one ever comments on my blogs anymore since there never are any to read. But you have my word- at least 3 a week. So come here more often. And leave a comment. If you do all of your wildest dreams will come true. You have my word. Scout's honor.

PS Congrats to Boise State! That was an AWESOME game! I've never been that excited for a team that I don't particularly care about! And plus you have sweet colors, so well done :)