Thursday, July 27, 2006

People keep repeatin' that you'll never fall in love

[Let My Love Open the Door, Pete Townshend]

It seems my muse in on vacation.

I can't really blame her- it is the end of July and, let's face it, summer isn't going to last forever.

So... I'm going to try and write without her. Hopefully she approves.

This morning (ok, I woke up at noon. Not on purpose. I just hit snooze so many times that my alarm clock stopped going off. Oops.) I was trying to motivate myself into... something. I was a bit lethargic from sleeping for 11 hours, so I was going back and forth between ESPN and MTV. I'm not normally into "Making the Band" but on the episode I was (kind of) watching they were in the studio recording and that whole process fascinates me. Lame excuse, I know, but it's true.

All of a sudden the TV went "POP" and shut off. Totally dead. It won't turn on at all.

So I figured if that didn't get through to me that I should start working on stuff for school then nothing ever would.

The truth is... I've been thinking a lot about the end times lately. Yes, it's true- I'm one of those "crazy" Christians that believes Jesus Christ is going to rapture all of the Christians and then return after seven years of tribulation on the earth. I believe the Bible is literal. I do think that we live in the latter days.

That said, I have no idea when Christ will return. It could be in 10 minutes or it could be in a hundred years. I really don't know. The fact is, nobody does. The Bible says no one but the Father knows the day or the hour, but when it does happen it will be in the twinkling of an eye. So really, I don't know when it's coming. But if it did happen tomorrow, would I be ready? plus, there is also the chance that the Lord could choose to take me home via death in my physical body; it's not just the chance of the rapture that has me thinking about what I'm doing with my life. Am I really living my life as such that were it all to end in the next breath I would have no regrets?

The thing is, I am called by God's word to live circumspectly and wise, and to redeem the time. I'm not saying TV is inherently evil, but at the same time, I don't want to waste my life. Last year I wasted so much time. I really want to be more focused and intentional and do my best for my kids (and in my spiritual life, and just in general). I want to be the best teacher, the best friend, the most faihtful servant of the Lord that I can be.

And I want to start flossing. So I'm going to do that, now. After that, my highlighter, pen, and TF@ materials are ready for me to dive in and get to work.

:)