Saturday, August 26, 2006

Waiting for you

[Big Machine, Goo Goo Dolls]

Ok, frustrating as all get out- apparently the internet ate my last post. Grr.

This won't be as in depth as the first one. Instead you get a list.

1) I'm totally pumped for the new year. I love my new students! They are my heart and soul. Yesterday (first day of school) I had just explained my passion for education and such, and what they can expect in the class. I asked how they were feeling about everything, and one boy with bright eyes and a huge smile burst out, "I'm EXCITED!". Yeah, I love him already :)

2) Utter tragedy struck as I slept last night. My beloved ZAG4life wristband (blue, in support of the work Gonz@ga does to raise money for children with cancer, ala the LIVESTRONG tradition) broke. I want to cry a little bit. I don't even know if they sell them anymore, and even if they do Spokangeles is, oh, three thousand miles away. Sad, sad, tragic day. It's ok if you feel sorry for me.

3) The greatest moment of my life occurred today when I was wasting some time on the guide on our satellite on the telly and, as usual, felt the need to see what was goin' down on ESPN. I looked up a few channels and saw something utterly beautiful and different- a channel with the letters "NFL" below the number. So I started perusing the schedule and found a ton of preseason games. I knew my 'Hawks were playing tonight at 11, so I decided to check out what was offered and, lo and behold, my boys were on! Yay! So that's what I'm watching. They started super strong, but haven't looked so hot in the last 20 minutes or so. Boo.

That's it. I need to get back to work. As always, feel free to leave some love! It always means a lot to me.